quinta-feira, 4 de abril de 2013

We knew the only way to make it work was work together



"The Book of Soul", álbum Control System (2012). Ab-Soul.


Já não se fazem coisas destas (porque já ninguém o sabe fazer? porque o amor já não é o que era? porque é de mau gosto?...): do Ab-Soul para a Alori Joh. Rest in peace.

"We knew the only way to make it work was work together
Seven whole years, seven whole years


It was supposed to end with our grandkids

Luckily for me I'm used to being cut short
But I'm such a nice guy, why Lord?
Why Lori?
Why'd you have to take her from me?
Guess you needed your angel face for all of heaven to see
Your picture still on my mirror and it's so scary
I swear I still ain't looked at your obituary
So now I'm so doped up I think I'm flying
I hope the spliff will never finish
I guess the Mayans wasn't lying
2012 my world ended
You used to say that I could see the future
You was wrong, cause you was in it
And I was just with you the day before
You said you loved me, I said I loved you more
(...)
I never lied: I love you in a place where there's no space and time"

Sem comentários: